Rainbow Risotto


I love Italian food. I love Pasta, Polenta, Gnocchi and Risotto.
As I child I used to eat Risotto quite a lot, my Nonna (grandmother) made it quite a lot, with peas and we called it "Risi E Bisi" (rice and peas).
It was a dish I could always eat, it's filling, warming and delicious!
I created a delicious recipe for a "Rainbow Risotto" with lots of different veggis and it turned out beeing sooo good, so I thought I'd share it with you!


Look at this wonderful colours! "Eat Your Rainbow"!

Rainbow Risotto with added chickpeas


INGREDIENTS FOR ONE SERVING:
 
-100-125g (brown) Risotto rice
-about 1/4 onion (finely cutted)
-salt & pepper
-White vine
 
-vegetable broth
 
-cabbage
-argula
-broccoli
-tomatoes
-cauliflower
-bell pepper
-mushrooms
-zucchini
-any vegetable you like actually!!
 
-italian herbs
 
if you want it creamy:
add some butter and/or Parmesan cheese
 
First fry the onion (finely cutted) in a pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
Once they get gold-brown add the rice and fry it until it gets (kinda) glasy. Then pour in some vine, about a teaspoon or so.
Next pour in some vegetable borth, about 2 Cups.
Let the rice cook for about 40 minutes, always make sure there's enough liquid, if not, pour in some more broth!
After about 40minutes add all of your vegetables and cook it for another 10 minutes.
Again: don't forget to stir and add liquid!
If you want to have a nice and creamy Risotto, add some butter and Parmesan cheese if you like!
In the end you can add some italian herbs which give it a nice flavour.
I love Oregano, parsley and basil in my Risotto.
 
Once the liquid's absorbed, the rice and vegetables cooked, sever your Risotto with Parmesan cheese (if you want) and enjoy :)






 

Kommentare

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts