Carrot Cake Porridge

To be honest, as a child I used to hate Porridge, I used to hate everything made out of milk and I ate cereal with about 5ml of milk... But after I saw sooo many English People having Porridge for breakfast in instagram, I just had to try it, too! The very first time I made it with water and I added a carrot. It was gross. I didn't like it at all. Then I tried it with milk and and it was so much better! After working on nice recipes and trying new things I discovered my one true Porridge love:
Carrot cake Porridge (also with Zucchini in it)!!
And this Porridge is also sooo healthy! You have carrots, Zucchini (optional), coffee, cinnamon, milk and oats, all in one! So yeah, this is my favourite breakfast, especially on cold days!



INGREDIENTS:
-40-50g oats
-200ml milk (I use semi skimmed, it makes it so creamy and delicious!!)
-1 carrot (about 60g)
-1/2 small Zucchini (about 50g)
-a pinch of salt
-a teaspoon of cinnamon
-a bit of baking powder
-8 teaspoons of coffee
Bring milk to boil, add the oats, Zucchini and carrots. First stir slowly because it's quite liquid.
Add the cinnamon, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Once it gets a bit thicker you can stir very fast. It'll get creamier then. Add also the coffee and stir and let it boil until it reaches the consistency you like. I don't like it too thick but also not liquid...
Enjoy with some fruit on top and almonds or any Kind of nut butter!
(Almonds are the best in my oppinion!)
The amount of oats can also be changed but you also have to up the amount of milk then!
Optional you can also add an egg white though I wouldn't recommend it.


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts