Healthy vegetable tomato sauce

I'm sorry I haven't updated my blog for so long, but my Nntebook didn't work so I couldn't post anything. However, now it works again and I'll give you the recipe of something y'all wanted:
My vegetable-tomato suce.

I honestly love pasta, I'm Italian and my mum and grandmother used to cook quite a lot pasta, because seriously: You can always have pasta!
Also I think it's so cool how many different types of pasta there are in our days: spelt, buckwheat, kamut, whole wheat, rice and so on. I love trying new flavours!

But I always have a Problem. I never know what to eat with pasta. Plain pasta with Tofu or quorn? Or a tomato Sauce? (I don't like cheese)
Last time I decided to try and make a different kind of tomato sauce because the plain onse seemed too boring and this came out which was really nice!:

 
INGREDIENTS:
 
-1 can tinned tomatoes
-Some onion, finely cutted
-Olive oil
-Salt
-Pepper
-Italian herbs(oregano and basil)
-Paprika
 
-Zucchini
-Broccoli
-Cauliflower
-Any vegetable you like

 
First fry the finey cutted onion in a pan with some olive oil. Add some salt and pepper and let it fry until the onion is getting gold-brown. Then add the tinned tomatos and let it cook for about an hour. You can also purée the tomato sauce when you don't like having some bigger tomato pieces in the sauce.
The tomato sauce is ready, when the liquid's absorbed and it has the consistency of tomato sauce. In the end you add the herbs and also the paprika. Taste if you need to add more salt or pepper.
 
This is how I've made the tomato sauce.
 
Now you have to cut your vegetables in smll pieces(bigger ones if you prefere).
I fried the zucchini in a pan with a little oil, the other vegetables I cooked in boiling water with a pinch of salt until they were crispy. Then I added the vegetables to the tomato sauce and I let it cook for about 5 minutes.
 
Very easy, very good!
 
Serve it with pasta or you could also eat it with rice/Couscous!
 





Kommentare

Beliebte Posts