healthy and juicy apple cake

There're just those days on which you are craving something sweet... Something which satisfies your sweet tooth.

I had a week of holidays this week and there's one of some other things I love about having holidays and having a lot of time: I can finally bake and cook new things, try delicious food and treats.
Of course, I could study and do school stuff, but hey, first of all: having a social life is more important to me, so I try to meet my friends in my free time and secondly, baking is just fun and I love doing it.
So I tried making a healthy apple cake, or you could definetely use any other fruit to top it. This cake is juicy and soft and just delicious, It's high in protein, lown in fats (it doesn't contain fat) and healthy.
Unfortunately, it's not vegan, so sorry for my vegan followers who can't eat this.
But if you're not vegan and you want to try this cake, I definetely recommend it to you ;)


What you'll need:
(for a small baking dish, for a bigger one use double the recipe)
-1 egg
-40g of powdered sugar
-250g low fat or normal curd
-60g of spelt flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp pure vanilla
-1/2 squeezed lemon or peel of one lemon
-1 apple or any other fruit
-optional: nuts, oats

Preheat your oven to 180°C.

First of all, mix the egg with the powdered sugar until it's well combined and it shoudl have a "fluffy" consistency. Add the curd and mix it well again.
In a seperate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Pour your mixture into a greased (I used margarine for it) baking dish.
Top your cake with your fruit, I used apples. 
Add some oats or walnuts on top for some crunch and healthy fats.
Bake your cake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
Take it out and let it sit for another 15-20min. to cool down.
Slice and serve your cake.
Enjoy :)





Kommentare

  1. Ho! I really like your post and this cake look Amazing and Easy to do. Instead of the curd what can I use? Thank you

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts