I'm back!

Hello everyone!


It's been ages since I've posted anything on here, but I decided to start over again and to post something more frequently on here. I thought about posting mostly recipes but if you're interested in something else, just let me know. I can do posts about recovery, motivation, even working out/exercises, my story - whatever you want to know actually :)

Just to give you a little update:

I've changed quite a lot since the last year both mentally and physically. Finally, I managed to recover completely from anorexia, I am at a healthy weight (which means healthy and not just at the edge of underweight).
Just one week ago, I started uni in Basel, a city in Switzerland. I live there during the week and I head back home at the weekends.
Without recovery, I wouldn't have been able to finish school, get good grades at the finals without studying much aand I wouldn't have been able to go to uni and live with my boyfriend. Everything seems to have worked out well. Of course I do have my problems like everyone else on this world; but finally there are no worries when it comes to food, controlling everything and punishing myself. I've learned that I need to look after myself, to fight for my life and not to give in on anorexia. You need to know that it was never really about the weight and being skinny - for me, anorexia was more about being in control (obsessively) of myself, controlling every single thing around me which in return gave me the feeling of being strong; at least something I could do, I thought. Anorexia was also about punishing myself and numbing my feeling. I couldn't stand myself and I couldn't handle some situations. I was and still am someone who literally feels tension in the air and I am someone who gets easily very worried - especially if it's someone important to me. A lot happens subconsciously at certain events, situations etc. which happen in your childhood which then can affect your mental health once you get older (or even before). I've never been a mentally strong person, very sensitive, quite strict with myself and determined etc. -> all these conditions were just perfect for someone like me to develop anorexia.
I just wanted you to know and understand my "case". There is a version of my story which I wrote a few years ago on the blog, but I'll probably do an updated version, soon.

So yes, I just wanted to say hi and let you know there will be weekly posts from now on! (If I have enough time :))
There are also some special events coming up and I'm super excited but I won't tell too much now :)

I wish you all a wonderful week,
Chiara x


"You are not what you have done. You are what you've overcome."

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts